I cooked Ponzu.Ponzu is citrus fresh-containing ponzu soy sauce.In brief, it is sour soy sauce.Ponzu sauce is common for shabu shabu.It is very very delicious.Lately, a variety called the Japanese style, which is served with grated daikon radish and ponzu sauce (soy sauce containing citrus juice), has gained popularity.
- 200cc soy sauce
- 1 lime(500cc lime juice)
- 100cc vinegar
- 60cc mirin(sweet sake)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 15g dried bonito
- 2 inch × 2 inch kobu seawood
- Squeeze a lime.It is juice of 50cc in approximately one.
- Put the measured-out soy sauce and vinegar and mirin and sugar into a pot.Turn on the heat medium high.
- When it starts to simmer,turn off the heat.Add the kobu and dried bonito,then allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Add squeeze lime and stir with a chopsticks.Mellow it for one day.
- After a day,strain with a wet paper towel on the bottom of general-purpose strainer.