Shrimp and vegetable tempura
Shrimp and vegetable tempura is a very familiar food to Japanese people.On the soba, On the rice.It go with Japanese sake.I go to the Japanese soba restaurant and order sake and “Shrimp and vegetable tempura”. And I eat soba last.This is a symbolic Japanese.
- 5 shrimps
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) flour
- A.1 cup(200 ml) 1 beaten egg mixed cold
- A.1 cup(200 ml) flour
- Flying oil, as needed
- 1/2 lemon
- Slice the onion and julienne the carrot.
- De-vein the shrimps with a shewer.Peel the shrimps and cut into 2 bite-size pieces to make them easy to eat.
- Mix together the shrimps, onion, carrot and dust with flour all around.
- Transfer the beaten egg and cold water mixture in A into a bowl and add the flour.Fold 3 times, add the ingredients and lightly mix together.
- Heat the flying oil to between 170 and 180 degrees.Scoop the mixture with a wooden paddle and place on the rim of flying pan, then let the mixture slide in.
- When the sides start to get crispy, turn over and finish.Drain the oil and serve on a dish with lemon wedges.