Small fish boiled in soy sauce
Japanese food is a meal consisting of soup, three side dishes and rice.Japanese eats something with rice.I should eat boiled rice and something alternately.The something is very important.Something is called “Gohan no Otomo”.I cooked typical “Gohan no Otomo” this time.Small fish boiled in soy sauce.It is easy recipe.It go with beer.
- 200 g small fish(surf smelt, etc)
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) potato starch
- Salad oil, as needed
- 1 tbsp(15 ml) demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp(15 ml) sake
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) soy sauce
- Rince the small fish and wipe off it with papper towel.
- Put the small fish and potato starch in a plastic bag and shake them.
- Heat salad oil to 160 degrees, and fly the small fish to a golden brown.
- Combine demerara sugar, sugar, sake, soy sauce in a flying pan and heat.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat to low and add the small fish.Move the flying pan over the heat until the sauce covers the entire small fish.