Japanese curry rice(2 servings)
Curry and rice is a Japanese food which consists of rice and a curry sauce poured over the rice.Curry and rice had long been treated as Western food in Japan because it was first introduced into Japan as British food.I eat curry and rice tonight.
- 2 servings cooked rice
- 150g chicken thigh
- 2(200g) small potato
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp(5ml) grated garlic
- 1 tsp(5ml) grated ginger
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 tsp(2.5ml) salt
- 1/5 tsp(1ml) pepper
- 1 tsp(5ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp(15ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp(15ml) salad oil
- 1 tbsp(15ml) flour
- 2 tbsp(30ml) dried-bonito soup stock
- 1.5 tbsp(22.5ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp(15ml) mirin(sweet sake)
▼seasoning of chicken
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size pieces.Mix the ingredients in “seasoning of chicken” and marineate the chicken.Leave for 10 minutes and turn over from time to time.
- Cut the potato into bite-size pieces,rinse with water and drain.Cut the onion into wedges and the carrot into chunks and tomato into rough.
- Heat the salad oil and fry the grated garlic,ginger and red pepper.When the aroma comes out,add the curry powder and fly.
- Add the chicken and fly.When the meat changes color,add the potatoes,onions and carrots,and stir-fly together.
- When the oil has been absorbed,sprinkle on the flour and fly some more.
- Add the tomato and “curry roux” and stir well.Let it simmer for 20 minutes untill the curry thickens.Scoop some curry on top of rice.