Dago-jiru -Kumamoto soul food-(2 serving)
It is local cooking of Kumamoto.Kumamoto has a lot of delicious food and Kumamon live in Japan’s Kumamoto prefecture.Do you know Kumamon?Kumamon is the official mascot character for Kumamoto Prefecture.Possibly he may eat this soup, too.Viva Japanese food!Viva Kumamoto food!
- 3 tbsp (45ml) wheat
- 1 tbsp (15ml) water
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/4 Japanese radish
- 2 Dried shiitake
- 1 shitake
- 4 tbsp (60ml) miso
- 700ml Dried-bonito soup stock
- leeks, as need
- Knead the wheat while adding water until the dough has the consistency of your ear lobe.Cover with wet kitchen paper and keep it intact for 10minutes.
- Soak dried shitake in water.Broth from dried shitake is use for cooking.
- Cut the carrot, Japanese radish, shitake into bite-size pieces.Finely chop the leeks.
- Add dried-bonito soup stock,carrot,Japanese radish in a pot an d heat.
- Bring to a boil.Add the shitake, dried shitake(Cut into bite-size pieces), broth from dried shitake.Turn heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.Remove the scum.
- Add Kneading the wheat(By your wet hand, tear it off, flatten it).
- When Kneading the wheat loosened, mix in and add the miso with a small amount of cooking soup.
- Sprinkle the chopped the leeks.