Pork and vegetable soup(2 servings)
Pork and vegetable soup (Tonjiru) is a Japanese cuisine that is prepared by stewing pork and vegetables with miso (bean paste).Although the materials used in preparing Butajiru will differ according to the region or household, the following are commonly used.
- 100g thinly sliced pork meat
- 1/3 radish
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 block konnyaku
- 1 tbsp(15ml) salad oil
- 2 tbsp(30ml) miso
- 1/2 leek
- 400ml soup stock from dried baby sardines
- Cut the radish and carrot into 0.3in thick quarters.Slice the leek.
- Tear the konnyaku into small pieces with your hands and boil.
- Heat the salad oil and cook the pork meat.When the meat turns color,add the radish and carrot,konnyaku and stir-fry.
- When the salad oil has been absorbed, add 400ml of soup stock from dried baby sardines.When it comes to aboil,turn to low heat and simmer till tender while removing the scum.
- Mix in and add the miso with a small amount of cooking soup,then sprinkle the sliced leek.