Miso Bitter melon stir-fry(1 serving)
The popular vegetable in Okinawa is bitter melon(Goya).The bitter melon was the ingredients which were rarely used with Japanese food, but is the popular ingredients which there is now.I introduce one of the recipes using the bitter melon.
- 1/2 bitter melon
- 5g salt
- 100g thinly-cut pork or chicken of the sea
- 5g ginger
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) miso
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) sake
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) sugar
- Ground Pepper, to your taste
- Cut the bitter melon in half length.With a spoon, remove melon seeds and cotton.
- Slice the bitter melon into half-discs 0.2 inch thick.Place the bitter melon in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and mix.Leave it for 5 minutes.Rinse the bitter melon.
- Slice the ginger.Mix the miso, soy sauce, sake, sugar to make the sauce.
- Heat the sesame oil and sear the ginger.
- Add the thinly-cut pork and sear.Add the bitter melon and sear.
- Add the sauce(make by step3) and sear.
- Sprinkle the ground Pepper yo your taste.Serve on a plate.