Eggplant in bonito broth
What does the dish go with sake?It is Japanese food.Eggplant in bonito broth is the dish which is popular eaten in Japan.Eggplant in bonito broth is called “Nasu no nibitashi”.Please order “Nasu no nibitashi” if you go to the izakaya in Japan.Please cook it to see this recipe if it does not come true.
- 1 eggplant
- 200 cc dried-bonito soup stock
- 3 tbsp(45 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp(45 ml) mirin
- Ginger, to your taste
- 1/2 tbsp(7.5 ml) salad oil
- julienne the ginger.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise.Make shallow cuts in the skin side and slice in half diagonally.
- Heat the salad oil and saute the eggplants.When it turns golden brown, turn over and cook the other side.
- Add the dried-bonito soup stock, soy sauce, mirin and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and garnish with the ginger.