It is Japanese basic Japanese food.It is Kimpira gobo.Kimpira is the name of the legendary person.He ate Kimpira gobo in a story.Gobo is burdock.It is a Japanese food made of chopped burdock root cooked in soy sauce and sesame oil.Since a burdock root was thought to be a nutritious food,the people was known for a being strong.This food will give you a lot of energy.
- 1 burdock
- 1/2 carrot
- 1 red hot pepper
- 1 tbsp(15 ml) sesame oil
- 1 cup(200 ml) soup stock
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) sake
- 2 tsp(10 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp(1.25 ml) salt
- 1/2 tbsp(7.5 ml) soy sauce
- Scrape off the burdock skin and cut it into long, thin shavings.Put the shavings in water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Julienne the carrot.
- Remove seeds from the red pepper and cut it into thinly sliced rings.
- Heat the sesame oil, and stir-fly the red pepper and the burdock, carrot over high heat.
- When the moisture evaporates and the oil has seeped in, add the seasonings in soup stock, sake, sugar, salt, soy sauce.
- Stir from time to time on medium heat until the moisture is gone.