Udon soup stock Kansai style(2 serving)
This is Udon soup stock Kansai style recipe.Soup stock is important to the Udon,making a wonderful soup stock for Japanese food is easy.It is Kansai-style.The taste of the soup stock is different in Tokyo and Osaka.A visitor is a person of Tokyo or a person of Osaka or must be careful.
- 800cc water
- 50cc soy sauce
- 30cc mirin(sweet sake)
- 10g shaved dried-bonito
- One 8 × 3 pieces kobu seaweed
- Wipe the surface of the kobu seaweed with a well wrung-out damp towel(Washing it would remove most of the savoy umami.)
- Put the measured-out water,soy sauce,mirin(sweet sake),shaved dried-bonito,kobu seaweed.
- Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.Be sure to simmer on a low heat so it doesn’t boil.Turn off the heat and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain with s wet paper towel on the bottom of a general-purpose strainer.(Do not squeeze out the bonito.)
- Add the soy sauce,mirin and boiled it again.