Soup recipes – Japanese food-
Soup recipes -sake lees soup-(2 serving)
Sakekasu (sake lees) is the solid white substance that remains after pressing the main fermenting mash used to make Japanese sake (rice wine).The sake lees smells very good.A Japanese representative dish using this sake lees is sake lees soup.It will warm you to the core.It is a winter constant seller dish.
- 1/4 Japanese radish
- 1 carrot
- 1 leek
- 1 deep fried tofu(aburaage)
- 1 block konnyaku
- 3/4 cup(300ml) dried bonito soup stock
- A.100g sake lees
- A.2 tbsp(30ml) miso
- A.1/4 cup(100ml) dried bonito soup stock
- 2 tsp(10ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp(2.5ml) salt
- Tear the sake lees into pieces and soak in the soup stock(A.100ml), then mix in the miso.
- Cut the Japanese radish and carrot into 0.2 to 0.3 inch thick quarters or half.Slice the leek.Boil the konnyaku and Slice it.Cut the deep fried tofu in half, then cut into 0.2 to 0.3 inch widths.
- Put the soup stock over high and when it starts to boil, add the Japanese radish,carrot,konnyaku,deep fried tofu.When it starts to boil again,turn the heat to medium and remove the scum.
- Add the soy sauce,salt.Add step1(A.sake lees,miso,soup stock) and mix in.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, and then sprinkle the leek.