Simmered Bamboo shoots
The season for bamboo shoots in Japan is from late march to mid-April.I cooked Simmered Bamboo shoots.It is called “Simmered bamboo shoots in Tosa” in Japan.A bonito is Tosa, Kochi of the special product.Because it is a dish to use the dried bonito, it is “Simmered in Tosa”.It is the basic dish of the Japanese food.
- 1(150g) bamboo shoots boiled in water
- 6g dried bonito
- 10-15 Japanese pepper’s young buds
- 1 tbsp(15ml) salad oil
- 3 tbsp(45ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp(30ml) sake
- 1 tbsp(15ml) sweet sake(mirin)
- 1 tbsp(15ml) sugar
- Cut it to the size that is easy to eat the bamboo shoot boiled in water.
- Heat salad oil on a flying pan over high heat and fly the bamboo shoot boiled in water.
- Add the dried bonito.
- Add the soy sauce,sake,sweet sake(mirin),sugar.
- When the liquid has evaporated,sprinkle in the Japanese pepper’s young buds.