Vinegary salad of cucumber and wakame(1 serving)
It is Sunomono (vinegar dishes) using seaweed and cucumbers.In Japan, it is eaten as hors d’oeuvres and snacks to go with sake.It is a very healthy dish.There’s nothing like a glass of cold beer and Vinegary salad of cucumber and wakame on a hot summer’s day.It is one of the Japanese food recipes to eat in summer.
- 1 cucumber
- 2g cut wakame seaweed(dried)
- 5 crab stick
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soup stock
- 1/2 tbsp (7.5ml) mirin
- 1/4 tsp (1.25ml) soy sauce
- Salt, to your taste
- Cut the cucumber into small chunks.Place it in a bowl and mix with salt.Set aside for a short while.
- When sufficiently flavored, work the cucumber with your hands until pliable, rinse and squeeze out water.
- Soak the wakame in water to reconstitute it and wring.
- Tear the crab stick by your hand.
- Combine the vinegar, soup stock, mirin, soy sauce, salt and add the cumcumber, wakame, crab stick.