Chicken karaage(Japanese fried chicken)
Karaage is a popular food in Japan, and people eat it on a variety of occasions, for example, as a side dish in a boxed lunch, a side dish to go with alcohol and as a dish at a children’s birthday .I cook Karaage.It is very delicious.
- 200g(Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces) chicken thigh
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 piece garlic
- 1 tbsp(15ml) soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp(7.5ml) sake
- salt,as needed
- pepper,as needed
- 3 tbsp(45ml) potato starch
- 500ml frying oil
- Grate the ginger and garlic.
- Mix in soysauce,sake,ginger,garlic,salt,pepper and pour it on the chicken.
- Rub it in to marinate.Leave for 30 minutes and occasionally rub it.
- Just before flying, coat the chicken with potato starch.
- Heat the flying oil to 180 degrees,then put the chicken pieces in,turn them over,cook through,and fly till golden brown.
- Place the fried chicken on paper towels to soak the excess oil.
- Serve in a dish.