Yakitori recipe(chicken skewer)(3 skewer)
The Japanese food is called yakitori.Yakitori is a food consisting of several bite-size chunks of chicken that are seasoned and grilled on skewers.Yakitori go with beer.In Japan today, yakitori is mostly served at special restaurants called yakitori-restaurant.I introduce one of Yakitori recipes to easily cook in a house.
- 1(200g) chicken thigh
- 1/2 leeks
- 1 piece garlic
- 25 cc sake
- 4 tbsp(60 ml) sugaer
- 4 tbsp(60 ml) water
- 150 cc hot water
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) sake
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) mirin(sweet sake)
- 2-3 drop sesame oil
- 7-8 5 inch bamboo skewers
- Put the sugar and water in a pot.Heat on low and boil down till golden brown.
- When boiled down till golden brown, add the hot water.Because hot water splashes, please be careful.
- Add the sake(30 ml),soy sauce,mirin,sesame oil.Bring to a boil.
- Remove the chicken skin and excess fat.Dice the chicken into 1 inch uniform cubes.
- Cut the leeks into 1 inch.
- Place the chicken in a kitchen bag and add grated garlic,sake(25 cc) and mix.Put on and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken at the front edge of the cutting board, hold firm and skewer the chicken.Skewer 2 pieces chicken, 2 pieces leeks on one skewer and leave the end of the bamboo showing.
- Warm up the chicken and leeks(step 7) in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Heat in a flying pan,then place the chicken and leeks(step 8) on a flying pan over middle.Cook till golden brown, then turn over.
- When both sides are browned, add the sauce(step 3) and dress.Place in serving dish.