Dote-yaki beef -beef sinew stewed in miso and mirin-
This is Dote-yaki.Dote-yaki is beef sinew stewed in miso and mirin.It is a delicious beef recipes using the miso.Dote-yaki is mora deliciou if matured it overnight.
- 200g beef sinew
- 250g konnyaku
- leek,as need
- 500ml dried-bonito soup stock⇒recipe<
- 6 tbsp white miso
- 4 tbsp sake
- 4 tbsp mirin(sweet sake)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Put enough water in the pot with the beef sinew.Heat at a high until it starts to boil.When it starts to boil over,turn the heat to medium and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the beef sinew from pot and rinse it with water.
- Repeat the above processes(step1 and step2) three times.
- Cut the boiled beef sinew into bite-size pieces.
- Tear the konnyaku into small pieces with your hand and boil.
- Put the dried-bonito soup,white miso,sake,mirin,sugar,soysauce,boiled beef sinew,konnyaku in a pot.Leave it over high till it starts boiling.Then,turn to medium and boil for an hour.
- Serve garnished with the leek.
Dote-yaki is mora deliciou if matured it overnight.