Sushi pockets(inari-sushi)(8 portions)
I cooked Sushi pockets (inari-sushi).The inarizushi is pretty form.Inarizushi is a kind of sushi made of aburaage (deep-fried tofu) stuffed with rice.In western Japan, it is usual to call it ‘oinari-san’, and it is called ‘age-zushi’ in some cases.
- 300g(1serving) vinegard rice(see “How to make vinegared rice” page.)⇒click here
- 4 slices abura-age(deep-fried tofu)
- 3 tbsp(45ml) black sesame
- 1 cup(200ml) Dried-bonito soup stock
- 2 tbsp(30ml) sugar
- 1.5 tbsp(22.5ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp(15ml) mirin(sweet )sake
- Place the abura-age lengthwise on a cutting board,put a single large chopstick on the abura-age and roll from one side to the other while pressing.
- Cut in half horizontally.
- Pour hot water into a bowl and dips the abura-age into hot water for 4 or 5 minutes to remove the oil.
- Drain off hot water,and squeeze water.
- Put A in the pot over medium heat.When it comes to a boil,spread out the abura-age and add it.Put a drop lid in the pot and simmer for abut 15 minutes until most of the liquid has eavaporated.Spread the abura-age in a strainer and let it drain while cooling.Squeeze the abura-age gently.
- Add the black sesame to the vinegared rice and mix roughly.
- Put the vinegared rice(step6) into the abura-age(step5).Make sure the rice is fully stuffed into the abura-age, including the corners,and finish by gently patting into shape.