Nikusui is soup using the beef.It is a specialty in Osaka, Japan.Osaka is called “the kitchen in Japan”.If you go to Osaka, you can eat every Japanese food.Okonomiyaki, takoyaki are famous in Osaka, but Nikusui is famous, too.This time, I reproduce Nikusui of a famous shop in Osaka.
- 150 g thinly-cut beef
- 1 leek
- 200 g block tofu
- 30 g shaved dried bonito
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp(5 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp(5 ml) salt
- 1.2 l water
- Put the water in a pot and turn the heat to high.When the water starts to boil, put in the shaves dried bonito.Heat at low and decoct for 20 minutes.Carefully remove the scum.
- Take out the shaved dried bonito.Add the soy sauce, sugar, salt.
- Cut the beef into 2 inch.Cut the leek diagonally in 0.4 inch.Cut the tofu into bite-size cubes.
- Turn on heat to medium high and add the beef.Carefully remove the scum.
- Add the leek,tofu.Simmer for 10 minutes.