Bitter melon chanpuru(2 serving)
I cooked bitter melon chanpuru.Bitter melon chanpuru is Rafuthy is a local cuisine of Okinawa Prefecture.It is very very delicious.The chanpuru is an act to mix with.there is a view that it was derived from a Malay word, campur to chanpuru (Okinawa).
- 1 bitter melon
- 1 block(300g) film tofu
- 200g spam(cannned)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp(5ml) salad oil
- 2 tsp(10ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp(5ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp(5ml) salt
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp(7.5ml) dried-bonito soup stock
- Cut the a bitter melon to half of the length.
- Remove the plup of bitter melon.
- Slice the bitter melon into 0.4in.Place the bitter melon in a bowl and mix with salt(1 tsp 5ml).Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 15 minutes later,work the bitter melon with your hands and rinse in water.
- Cut the tofu into bite-size cubes and set in a strainer to drain for 10 minutes.
- Cut the spam into 0.4in thin.
- Heat 1 tsp(5ml) of salad oil and brown the tofu on both sides,then take out.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan and season with the bitter melon,then take out.
- Season with the spam.When it brown the spam on both sides,add the bitter melon and tofu.
- Add a pinch of salt and dried-bonito soup stock.
- Pour in the beaten egg in circles,mix and heat through.Season with the soy sauce.