Nikujaga(beef and potatoes)
Nikujaga is a Japanese dish.No. 1 of the dish that a Japanese man wants a woman to cook it is Nikujaga.It is a typical Japanese home cooked dish.I like it, too.It takes time a little, but it is very delicious and anyone can cook.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 6 snow peas
- 150g thinly sliced beef
- 1 1/2 cup(300ml) Dried-bonito soup stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp(22.5ml) sake
- 1 1/2 tbsp(22.5ml)mirin(sweet sake)
- 2 tbsp(30ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) sugar
- salt, to your taste
- salad oil, as needed
- Cut the potatoes into bite-size pieces,soak them in water and drain.
- Cut the carrot into bite-size pieces.
- Cut the onion into wedges.
- Remove the stalky part of the snow pears and cut into halves diagonally.Blanch in boiling salt water and drain.
- Heat the salad oil and add the beef.When the beef discolors,add the onion,and then add the potatoes and the carrot.
- Give the oil time to absorb the flavor,sprinkle the sake and add Dried-bonito soup stock.Turn the heat to high.When it boils,turn the heat to medium and carefully remove the scum.Add the sugar and soy sauce,in order,and stir once.
- Cover with the pot lid.Simmer for 9 or 10 minutes and stir occasionally.serve it in a container and add the snow peas.