Dried-bonito soup stock(500ml)
Japanese food value the soup stock.Dried-bonito soup stock is very important in cooking Japanese food.It is often said those who are unskilled at making soup stock are unable to make good Japanese dishes.I cooked Dried-bonito soup stock.It is good.
- 2″×2″ kobu seaweed
- 24g shaved dried-bonito
- 500ml water
- Wipe a surface dirt of the kobu seaweed with a well wrung-out damp towl.(You must not wash kobu seaweed,because it remove most of the savory extract.)
- Put 500ml water into pot with the kobu seaweed and let it sit for about 1h～2h.The kobu seaweed becomes soft.
- Heat at a medium temperature until it starts to simmer,then take out the kobu seaweed,and turn off the heat.
- Put in the shaved dried-bonito and turn on the heat at a medium temperature again.
- After it starts to boil,decoct for about 20～30seconds.Meanwhile, remove the scum and turn off the heat.
- Filter it through the strainer which laid a paper towel.(Do not squeeze it)
- Put it in a preservation container and can save it for 3-4 days.