Festive Red Rice(1 serving)
Festive Red Rice is eating at the time of celebration.Though Festive Red Rice is generally served on festive occasions, it’s not limited to celebrations but is also offered on unfortunate incidents (including Buddhist services for the dead) in some regions.I cooked Festive Red Rice.It is very delicious.
- 180ml mochi-gome(glutinous rice)
- 40g azuki beans
- 300ml water
- Pour water into a bowl and stir it and throw away water quickly.Repeat this three times.
- Pour the rice into a strainer and leave for 30 minutes.This will drain rice.
- Put the azuki beans in a pot,fill with water,and put on medium heat.
- Allow the azuki beans to boil for 2 or 3 minutes and pour out the water using a strainer.
- Put the azuki beans back in the pot and add 300ml of water. Heat at medium heat again and bring to a boil. Simmer at low heat 30 minutes.
- Make 110ml mixture by adding the azuki beans liquid step5 and put into the pot.
- As soon as the pot reaches a rolling boil,turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.Don’t remove the lid while the rice is cooking.Remove the pot from the cooker and leave for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the rice,and stir all the rice,making strokes through the rice to separate the grains,Use the wet shamoji(flat rice paddle) then.