Rice dish recipes
Oyako don(chicken and egg on rice) 1 serving
Oyako don is a rice bowl dish that uses boiled chicken and onion in warishita over rice with egg (Warishita is stock mixed with soy sauce, mirin and sugar.).It is one of the very delicious Japanese food.It is Japanese food recipes that use chicken.
- 180ml water
- chicken thigh(or breast)
- 1/4 onion
- 2 egg
- 1/2 bunch mitsuba or celery
- 150g rice→recipe
- 50ml dried-bonito soup stock→recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp (30ml) sake
- 1 tbsp (22.5ml) mirin(sweet sake)
- 1 tbsp (22.5ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (22.5ml) sugar
- Cut the chicken diagonally into bite-size pieces, and slice the onions into wedges.
- Put in dried-bonito soup stock,sake,mirin,soy sauce,sugar, heat to a boil, then add the chicken,Bring to a boil again and add the onions.Let it boil for 4 to 5 minutes.Stir in the beaten egg.
- Cover immediately with a lid and turn the heat to low.Steam for 30 seconds and then turn off the heat,Dish onto the rice and sprinkle little pieces of mitsuba or celery on top.