Shiro Dashi(Versatile Dashi Base)
Japanese food is culture of the Dashi.The cook piles up many taste on the basis of Dashi.Dashi is soup stock.Dashi (soup stock) basic seasoning used in many dishes.I suggest that you use this Dashi if you cook Japanese food and think that the taste is weak.It is Shiro Dashi.I introduce Shiro Dashi recipe.
- 6 inch x 6 inch kobu seaweed
- 40 g shaved dried bonito
- 200 ml sake
- 600 ml water
- 20 ml mirin(sweet sake)
- 50 ml light soy sauce
- Salt, to your taste
- Wipe the surface of the kobu seaweed with towel.Put the water into a bowl with kobu seaweed and let it sit about 15 minutes until the kobu seaweed becomes soft.
- Put the sake into a pot and heat.When it start to boil, add the water and kobu seaweed.
- Heat at low temperature until it starts to simmer, then take out the kobu seaweed.
- Add the shaved dried bonito, sake, mirin, light soy sauce, salt and turn on the heat to low.Decoct for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to set for about 30 minutes.
- Strain with a towel on the bottom of general-purpose strainer(Do not squeeze out the bonito).