Egg drop with freeze dried tofu and green peas
Freeze dried tofu(Japanese name:Koya tofu) is a food made of preserved tofu.It was said that people started calling it Koya tofu because it was prized as a souvenir of Mt. Koya during the 16 century.It spread throughout the nation as a vegetarian dish.It is the basic ingredients of the Japanese food.
- 50 g freeze dried tofu
- 1/2 fried tofu
- 100 g green peas
- 500 cc dried-bonito soup stock
- 2 tsp(10 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp(30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp(15 ml) mirin
- 2 eggs
- Pour the freeze dried tofu in tepid water and leave for 10 minutes.Squeeze it and cut into bite-size.
- Cut the fried tofu into bite-size.
- Put the dried-bonito soup, sugar, soy sauce, mirin into a pot and heat.Once it starts to boil, add the freeze dried tofu, fried tofu, green peas.Cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat them by running chopsticks through the eggwhite.Be careful not to foam them up.Stir in the beaten egg.