Kitsune udon(1 serving)
This is a dish of cooked noodles in Japan called ‘kitsune-udon’.It is a major dish in Japan.There is fried bean curd on udon.Fried bean curd is Kitsune.Kistune is Fox.Why will it be called so? I don’t Know.But it is certain that it is delicious.
- 200g udon⇒udon recipe
- 1 piece fried tofu(aburaage)⇒Fried tofu recipe
- 1 leek
- 150ml dried-bonito soup stock⇒recipe
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp mirin(sweet sake)
- 2 tbsp sake
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 400cc udon soup stock Kansai style⇒Soup stock Kansai style
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil and put in the fried tofu for 2 or 3 minutes to remove the oil.Put the mixture the sugar,mirin(sweet sake),sake,soy sauce in the pot over medium heat.
- When it comes to a boil,add the fried tofu.Put a drop lid in the pot abd simmer for about 10 minutes until most of the liquid has eavporated.
- Chop the leek into 1 inch lengths.
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil,then quickly slip in the udon,while stir-ring robustly with large chopsticks.When it starts to boil over,take one udon and bite it to check the doneness.Drain the boiling water.
- Arrange the udon in a dish,add the seasoned fried tofu(kitsune) and choped leek,serve with udon soup stock kansai style.